Thursday, January 27, 2005

This Blogger in a Nutshell, Er, Make It Three

Agenda for today: a drawing, a sigh, and a silly me.

First off the list, here's a cute rendering of this blogger, done cartoon-style. It was drawn by Mai Sibayan, our talented Head Artist at The UP Parser. Thanks, Mai!



Next in line, a sigh. A sigh of relief. Finally, the first wave of exams has passed into the history books. I've emerged from the rubble of a quintet of killer tests. Only time will tell (time, as determined by the professors) if I've hurdled those challenges and merit passing marks. (Crosses fingers.) I hope that cramming - a habit of yours truly - is still the way to go in studying.

Lastly...I'm feeling the need to scratch this itch of mine, an itch that pesters me to humiliate myself in front of my blog readers' eyes:

[one morning, before the CS133 Exam]

Me: Don't tell me it's not allowed!
Friend 1: What? What's not allowed?
Me: I mean, I always feel the need to answer nature's call at least once an hour, and the exam's two hours long. Dammit.
Friend 2: I regret to inform you...our teacher herself said that we can't go to the restroom during the test.
Me: What the f*ck? I have kidney problems!
Friend 1: No, seriously?

[dramatic pause]

Me: I should be allowed to pee during the exam!

[deafening silence]

Me: (looks around, puzzled at friends' blank stares) Uh, what?

[a dreadful, pernicious burst of laughter from a hundred people]

There. Itch scratched.

7 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

ohmigod. i have the same problem. bad bladder. trips to the little girls' room x times a day. i know the drill...and i empathize. truly. now excuse me, i have to go to the bloody loo.

9:01 AM  
Blogger orasid said...

...cramming - a hobby of yours truly

...about the itch thing, from my observations and the times I accompanied you, definitely you have kidney problems =p

...if your goal is to humiliate yourself in front of us, you succeeded!

3:19 PM  
Blogger ia said...

if you put all that in a nutshell, that'll only make about 50% of you--

--and i'm speaking on different levels here.

(hmm, i'm not even sure i got that estimate right.) kai, jonas, anna, krissy... (uh, jeric? mike? mai?), ano sa tingin nyo?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

to transience: haha, thanks :) i can't count the number of times when my bladder got in the way of a good exam. it sucks when my body feels the need to answer nature's call while I'm in a groove and firing away at exam questions without interruption! sometimes, it can get really frustrating :D

jonas said: ...if your goal is to humiliate yourself in front of us, you succeeded!

nyahaha. loko-loko :p

ia said: if you put all that in a nutshell, that'll only make about 50% of you--

really?

7:41 PM  
Blogger jas said...

better talk to your kidney... haha langya! :P

2:24 AM  
Blogger ia said...

"really?"


di niya gets!! :P

9:12 AM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

jas, i've been trying! haha :D but of course, to no avail. the spirit is weak, but the organ is willing.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home