Saturday, January 22, 2005

Flash Drive or CD writer?

I've finally clamped my hungry mandibles on my own USB Flash Drive. Two thousand plus pesos for this sleek thing of beauty jampacked with 256 MB. Of course, the money came from my meager salary as a Student Assistant. The days of pilfering from my dad's wallet are over.

I guess it's about time I treated myself to a gadget which I have long considered to be a 'luxury', though being a CompSci student and editor of two publications makes it a 'near-necessity', if such a term is allowed. On one occassion too many, I needed a file presto, but it simply wasn't there; it was tucked away in the hard drive of my home PC.

I wouldn't have bought a Flash Drive if I already had a CD writer, but because my money's just enough for a USB drive and I'm afraid of installing new hardware on my undependable,
years-old wreck of a computer, my dreams of having a vast library of CD-RWs went pffft.

Which brings me to a question. Where would you opt to spend your bucks more (okay, just assume you had any), a USB Flash Drive or a CD writer? A silly and altogether useless question, but if you have the time it won't hurt to drop a comment.

Sorry, but the Apple iPod isn't one of the choices. (Argh! iPod! Gotta get one..gotta bet in the lottery..)

9 Comments:

Blogger Corsarius said...

For organization's sake, I'll be putting here some answers placed in the chatterbox on the right (OC!).

Krissy said: USB Flash Drive, really. My sis has this clipping she saved...USB + MP3 player. I want one. T_T Tedious mag-burn ng CDs. For backup lang.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a Jump Drive that goes with my Lexar Jump MP3 player - I freaking love it!
Posted by:
Cosmo GRRL

9:04 AM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

another cbox comment on this question :)

fatsky said:

stick with d good ole cd or wlakman --not an ipod fan hehe think its too--weewooo

3:34 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I want Jumpdrive but that's because I have a CD writer.

I'll prolly buy a CD writer if I dint have one kasi I love burning. I burn everything and anything. If you want something burned, I can burn for you. Free of charge. (Feel!) Plus madali lang magbackup ng files kasi nakaCD na sila. Eh yun jumpdrive paglipat-lipat lang ng files.

Yun flashcard ng camera ko pwede lagyan ng files. (Pwede na rin yun!) Eh hindi ko na mashado nagagamit yun camera kasi ultra bagal niya (at dala ng mga kabarkada ko lagi yun topnotch fast cameras nila) kaya halos pangfiles na lang siya. Pero ang pangit tignan! (vanity nga naman!)

I asked my mom to buy me Powerbook G4 kasi ok na super, DVD-R na, plus bluetooth echos. May payment plan pa yun apple. Pero, alas. Ayaw niya, masyadong mahal. Bibilhan na lang daw niya ako ng IPod Mini. Yesss!!! =)

Parang ang yabang ng comment ko pero ikaw naman yan eh. <3

11:40 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

kai said: Parang ang yabang ng comment ko pero ikaw naman yan eh. <3

hehehe. ako pa! siempre ok lang yun no. tska mas astig nga kung mahaba ang comment e.

kai, grabe swerte mo naman! di pwede sa Powerbook G4, sa iPod Mini naman. shet! :D yaman mo. eniweis, ano, free of charge ang burning?! totoo ba yan? cge, may naisip na akong ipa-burn. [ayokong sabihin dito, pang mature audience kasi...joke!] :p

12:42 AM  
Blogger Redhead said...

You left me a nice comment on my blog, so I came to check yours out. Good job! As for DVD-RW vs jump drive, I have both and use them for different things...the CD burner for files that will need no further revision, and the jump drive for files still under construction. Seems to work.

1:39 AM  
Blogger ia said...

redhead is right; i'll be using flash drives and cd-writers for different things. but because i don't have a flash drive, i'm using cd-rws as replacement.

but if i really had to choose......

iPodShuffle! walang binatbat ang iba. people will be skeptic about iPods but this mp3 player and usb drive in one - for only $99, beat that - is one of the best things ever.

iMac Mini should be number one on the list, but it's out of category.



- and frustrated mac addict.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Ia: Ang ganda nun Mac Mini. Tapos flatscreen tapos haay. :) Dream, dream dream. Ni-check ko din yun Ipod shuffle pero feeling ko hindi ako mahilig sa suprise. Hahaha. Sabaw.

Kimpee: May Korean kinky ^_~ movies ako dito. Haha, gusto mo?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

to kai: LOL!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home