Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bestfriend Ventolin

Without him, my life would've been in tatters. He is my comrade extraordinaire, having saved my life a thousand times. You'd think I'd be eternally grateful to him, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather live my life without his company.

I call him bestfriend Ventolin. Yes, that Ventolin Inhaler. A certified object of idolatry for asthmatics like me.

I think my asthma has progressed, er, worsened these past years. It all started when I abandoned NBA Live on PC for the real, gritty, hardcourt game of basketball. I'm not that tall, but I can dribble and shoot my balls (damn, what balls?). Then I'd do weights every other day, just to have that Greek masculine physique that completes an athelete. The reason?

Checklist for Vainglorious Human #1292348916:

1) Face -- "Mukha ka namang pang-Starstruck eh." Actually, what they're insinuating is that I resemble one of the teen idols from that GMA-7 flick. I object. But still...CHECK. (After all, when I was all chubby and silly in my grade school days, I appeared on several ABS-CBN kiddie shows. Don't you tease me about it!)

2) Intelligence -- Although I boast of several failed subjects in my early State U days, I'm still surviving, even grabbing a spot in the Dean's List one time, so...CHECK.

3) Arts -- I'd like to trample my self-esteem and say that I can't write, but for the sake of getting a passing mark on this checklist...CHECK.

4) Sports -- Scrabble? Game of the Generals? Ehehehe. Ah! Sports on PC and the Playstation! Not counted? Shit. So please excuse me while I leave this item UNCHECKED.

5) Physique -- Wooow. My eyes see a vast, infinite blank for this item. What glory.

See?

Oh yes, I was on the road to transcendence....rather, checking the last two items off the list. I was becoming a fast learner on the court, with my shooting emerging as my strength. My dreams of rippling muscles were slooooowly becoming reality. But in true tragic fashion, Fate handed me the sweet gift of asthma. Add to that my benevolence in keeping FIVE dogs inside our house, and soon the Ventolin Inhaler became my bestfriend.

Even now as I type this post, my lungs are pleading for another puff of the inhaler. I missed my classes this day as asthma got the better of me. Wait...

::puff::

There you go.

Now, I believe I must excuse myself. I need to rest.

Tomorrow's a day I'm not going to hand over to bestfriend Ventolin.

11 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

i hope the asthma gets better. so you can play gangbang basketball...i mean, basketball.

3:55 PM  
Blogger ia said...

Bestfriend pala ha.

Kidding.

Get well soon. Parser and ACM stuff to do!! :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

oh dear boy! you are so cute!!! <3

what was your name dun? amihan? habagat? refresh my memory!

hay, why do you even want the last two items? nobody ever gets everything. buti nga you're so gwapo! hero! :D

choice mo pa rin in the end. basta don't kil yourself.

11:56 PM  
Blogger - she - said...

i do hope you get better soon.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my lola has asthma... breaks my heart everytime i see her go puff puff puff...

hope you're fine now...

and kai is right... dnt kill urself... won't matter if your all macho gwapito...and dead...

6:38 AM  
Blogger ia said...

to mai: LOL is right! (bring back the word of the day)

oi ha. it's been two days.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

hey guys, thanks a lot. and i mean it :D it took me 4 days to fully get up and running again.

to transience: damn. *that* word again? :P

to ia: uy, galit ka?... hehe.

to kai: hoy. i can't believe you forgot. Buhawi! and yes, rest assured, i won't kill myself. muna. saka na lang. :p

to sheryl: hey, thanks po.. :D

to auroraborealis: yup, thanks for the advice. :D i also had a grandma (actually, my cousins' grandma) who suffered from asthma...

to mai: actually, my asthma left me when I was about 10 years old...it just recurred when I started immersing myself in basketball and getting too close with the dogs.

"*wasn't Ia your bestfriend?* LOL!!!" hmph. :p

1:51 AM  
Blogger The Gruffa-low said...

get welll soon!!

hehe ako din bestfriend ko Ventolin..
;D

9:01 AM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

to fatsky: salamat po! i'm doing fine now. :D may asthma ka rin? ingat po. [actually dati hindi Ventolin gamit ko...Berodual ata :p]

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the www.lp.org platform on the school???

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home