Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Filipino Can Do It: The Encore

It's been an effing long time since I've blogged here, and frankly I miss Slippy. Right now I want to post something more than an announcement here, but trust me, this announcement's quite big.

If you've been keeping tabs on this blog for more than a year already, then you'll remember UP ACM's stunning triumph in the international scene. To recap last year's event: our student org beat first-world universities en route to bagging two of the five Student Chapter Excellence Awards given by ACM International. And you know what?

UP ACM has done it again. Yes, yes, the Filipino has won again, bigtime! Read my announcement on Crimson Crux for complete details. Ang galing ng Pinoy!


[If you've been wondering where the hell this corsair has been, this'll sum it up for you: In the last three months, I've went to two major family reunions slash vacations in Kalibo and Boracay, which ultimately resulted in a lot of work piling up. I'll give a little story on Boracay this weekend.]