Sunday, October 09, 2005

Five Idiots Gasping for Air

The Journalist

Stop the press!

Make room for this breaking news -- Corsarius Updates Blog, Readers Blast Delinquency. I want it in 72-point Palatino Bold and screaming all caps. Heck, make it the paper's banner!

If anyone thought The UP Parser was late in releasing its first issue of the academic year, then hang me twice. Even though problems outside of our control were the delay's reasons, I believe the weight still lies upon its Editor-in-Chief. Yes, yours truly. And though problems outside of my control were the reasons for this blog's nil output, I believe the weight still lies upon its author. Guess who.

This world should be sued.

The Student

Thesis year. Video streaming, the Rijndael algorithm, eigenvectors, laplace transforms, shift-reduce parsing, syntax-directed definitions, ubiquitous computing, wireless fidelity, binary exponential backoff, carrier sense multiple access, probability mass function, unbiased estimator.

I'm at a loss for words.

The Marketer

Good day, sirs and ma'ams! I am a reluctant technopreneur from the land of the tongue-twisted, fidgeting geeks (otherwise known as Computer Science), and I am here to promote our product, "Sinfinity" -- S raised to infinity, Service raised to infinity. That sounds good, doesn't it?

Three "S" words are of chief concern to you, dear sirs and ma'ams. The first word for today is "Shoot". Shoot your videos using your cameraphones, while I'm shooting down my writing career. What the hell am I doing entering this and that marketing contest? And actually surviving them?

The second word for the day is "Say-what?" Third word is "Sanavagan!". Fourth word is "Sally-sells-seashells-by-the-seashore." Wonderful, no?

Sinfinity. S raised to infinity, Superficial Supereminence raised to infinity.

The Histrionicist

This still applies:
The Corsarius is stressed.

My threshold for pain and hardship is going way off the charts. Now I know -- I'm a certified masochist.

Right now, if Corsarius was a nation, it'd be ravaged by a plague, battered by typhoons, splintered by a civil war, and besieged by an ally state turned bitter rival.
I've been called many things in my life -- liar, defensive, good-for-nothing, belligerent, selfish, bad-boy. A few of these words have been thrown at me with more ferocity and frequency lately than ever before. I don't know if I'm all of these, some of these, or none of these. I can't tell, and I don't friggin' care.

The world can flaunt its eloquence by expressing its disdain of me in a thousand words. I can summarize all those words in one -- painful. But who am I to convince the inconvincible, to talk to the un-listening?

The mantra here is to accept. Pain is a wonderful sensation (as long as you're feeling it because of your own misery, not the ill luck of your close ones). Accept pain, accept it with exceeding openness.

Because deep down, I know I only wished for good things.

The Person With the Pen

Get these four blog-hogging fools out of the way, and let the pen speak for the Corsarius.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lei_SATG said...

this is your first entry from hibernation and you get a spam for a first comment??? this is so not right!

anyway, welkum back corsarius! and see? it's sembreak already! ^_^

6:45 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

so true. bwiset, di ba? which is why only a part of it remains, a reminder of the commenting system's lax security. :)

thank you very much, sunset. it's quite a thrill to be blogging again! (hehe...still got one week of exams..)

7:08 PM  
Blogger claudzki said...

woohoo!

okei - first off, welcome back.

second, i'll just pretend i completely understood everything you said in "the student" section.

third, like the marketing thing..
s to infinity.

dapat maganda yung logo ah...use the infinity symbol...

fourth...
yeah..i know what you feel..hard times now and hard times ahead...

chin up, cheer up and blog on!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

first off, many thanks for putting up with the delinquency ;) you're one of the more insistent people on my tagboard. and that's a good thang, haha.

second, don't worry, i don't even understand some of those thingamajigs.

third, y'can see the sinfinity logo on my other blog. i believe you'd agree that it's a thing of beauty :D

and fourth -- we can do it! blog on, claudzki!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finally updated! Welcome baaaaack!

BTW, it was so nice seeing you the other day! Ha, next time you're in the vicinity, text me, ok!

OMG, 'di ko pa nakikwento sa'yo but I'm such a geek now!!! I can parallelize programs now and have runtime calculation chorva. And I use OpenGL to make graphics ekek. Yeah, my thesis is about GRAPHIC DESIGN. Who would have thought? Hahaha! :) I was just reminded of all your student activities.

Let's have lunch or merienda or something. I miss you so mcu!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Abster said...

Tsk. The stress, the stress, OH THE STRESS!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

to kai: yahooo! sarap maging buhay sa blogging world ulit. i was pleasantly surprised to bump into you last saturday (er, two saturdays ago?) at ateneo. it's so good to see a friendly (not to mention cute) face in unfamiliar territory, haha.

OpenGL?! ::jawdrop:: Graphic design? go beybe :D i'm just into secure video streaming, hehehe. libre mo ko!

to abster: i must concur. if only i could show you my eyebag-ridden face ;)

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These five idiots need five warm hugs

*hugs*
*hugs*
*hugs*
*hugs*
and
*hugs*

this song suddenly plays in my mind--"i delight in my pain and i'm shattered like your promises"

7:58 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

are these five idiots lucky. :D a thousand thanks, queen hera. you've made a quintet of idiots happy today.

1:18 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

the corsaire is back. hugs and all to each of the five. i adore them all.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

thanks, dearie. and they adore you, too. ;)

12:46 AM  
Blogger bing said...

hello, hijo! welcome back. missed the 5 'idiots??'.

glad you still can blog, and with pain, hmmm... what a way to inspire one's self.

2:00 PM  
Blogger -Poison- said...

Get these four blog-hogging fools out of the way, and let the pen speak for the Corsarius.

the other four are fools ehh :-P

;)

velkom back!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

to bing: glad to have you back, madam :) yeah, pain can really be a good inspiration..

to poison: thanks, man!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Abaniko said...

Welcome back Corsarius! Hope you can post more often in the coming days.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

Thanks! I hope I can...sembreak is unexpectedly still a busy time for a graduating student like me..hehe.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home