Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Little Bit of Feynman

Skimming through my readings in Natural Science II, I stumbled upon a little gem written by Richard P. Feynman, in his The Value of Science:

"Deep in the sea, all molecules repeat the patterns of one another till complex new ones are formed. They make others like themselves...and a new dance starts.
"Growing in size and complexity...living things, masses of atoms, DNA, protein...dancing a pattern ever more intricate.
"Out of the cradle onto dry land...here it is standing...atoms with consciousness...matter with curiousity.
"Stands at the sea...wonders at wondering...I...a universe of atoms...an atom in the universe."

Nice. Maybe a little overboard on the ellipses, but who cares. I get the message.

4 Comments:

Blogger ia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:12 AM  
Blogger ia said...

[edit: may typo ako.]

science has always been tangled with art — for me, at least. whether or not it's a manner one would understand or appreciate. ika nga ni maam alaras, the reader completes the text.

most of the time it's the only way to keep things sane.

who says you can't have both?

(that was _my_ high school life. i'm not too sure about college though.)

2:19 AM  
Blogger Corsarius said...

hm. when i've got the time i'll be posting more of feynman's writings and other witty/magnificent bits of penmanship by scientists.

3:56 PM  
Blogger orasid said...

I am... atoms with consciousness...
I am... matter with curiousity...

...therefore I am?

Jonas: I hate Natsci II readings. Sayang lang pera ko hindi ko naman nabasa.
SUMS_UP: Want FOPC points?

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home